6.21.2012

Sometimes, to cope up with life, a rest is all we need .




This man was sleeping not too far from the old woman I saw. A lot of memories ran into my mind when I saw him. He reminded me of myself when I was still a teenager. Unable to cope up with the pressures of life, I ran away from home and walked aimlessly on the streets of Manila. Without any idea how far away I was from home, with the day getting late and no money in my pocket, I looked for a safe place to lay my head on the cold, gray pavement on the corner of a street. My mind and my body was so tired to continue walking. At that moment, I let my body rest, unmindful of the busy life that surrounds me. I wonder if it was the same with this man. Is he sleeping in a public place because he has no home or this is home for him? Questions that I have no answer of. Thank you very much for viewing.


Nikon D70, Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens, ISO 400, f/2.8 at 1/100 second.

No comments: