6.20.2012

... Can I have this moment just for myself?


I took a personal photowalk along the Malate area in Manila hoping to take pictures of some interesting subjects and places. On a small street near the Malate Church, I saw this old woman sitting on a public bench. That serious look on her face caught my attention. Without being intrusive, I slowly walked my way close to her and when she was at the range where my 50mm lens would frame her just right on my cameras' viewfinder I took a shot. I knew that she's aware of my presence but she did not make it a big deal. When her eyes met mine, I smiled at her in a way that without saying a word I transmitted by thought the idea that I want to say "Thank you" to her for letting me take a picture that day.


Click on the picture to view it larger.

No comments: